DynoStar is a unique combination of INS (inertial navigational
systems), a high performance GPS receiver and powerful
data logging with 3D flexible graphics displays.
DynoStar measures the entire performance of a vehicle
continuously from the INS and GPS data, and automatically
maps racetrack, road etc, as you drive!
Click image to enlarge.
It calculates speed, distance, power, and more against time
and road / track position. It can do measurements of power
and torque in one gear, or power and speed / time through
Braking time / distance can also be measured easily. Cornering
and handling forces can be measured at the same time.
After analysis vehicle performance data is displayed
as a 3D-plot road / track position against time, or
full 3D position with altitude! You can "drive"
through the test with the animated data display, zoom
in on areas to fine-tune your car and driving. All parameters
of the graph can be altered and saved with our powerful
chart editing tools.
DynoStar generates text and csv (Excel compatible)
files, so you can easily read and use the data in other
Click image to enlarge.
The high performance custom SirfStar 2 GPS receiver can be
used separately with almost any SatNav software. Full GPS
data is logged by DynoStar so it can be used by other mapping
applications after a test run.
DynoStar can be used as a data logger or power meter without
the GPS receiver; DynoStar auto detects the presence of the
GPS receiver at power on.
- Find out what power your car really puts out where it
- Automatically map race / road, and display speed, power
and all logged data against
track position and time.
- Tune up your vehicle and driving for any track.
- Curves, showing on the road BHP in different gears.
- Before / after tests show if those modifications really
are making any difference!
- 0 - 60, 30 - 50, 50 - 70, quarter mile or any other speed
- 60-0or other braking time / distance.
- Measure tyre effectiveness and cornering forces.
- DynoStar performance meter and data logger with 16MB MMC
(removable), suitable for 16 - 128MB MMC.
- Full GPS data.(RMC,GSA,GGA,VTG,GSV,GLL messages)
- X/Y acceleration 100 samples per second.
- 7 channels of 10 bit analog data - for example air/fuel
ratio, throttle position,
temperature sensor, oil pressure / temp., knock sensor etc.
All recorded at
12.5 samples per second.
- Easily set for different signal levels. Factory preconfigured
with 1 12V range
input, 3 5 Volt range inputs and 3 2.5V range inputs.
- 4 channels of digital data - for example injector pulses,
speed sensors, gear
sensors, lap indicator, etc. Recorded at 100 samples per
- All wiring by pluggable screw terminal blocks for ease
of installation and
- 2 inputs can be configured as differential input (factory
- Optional wireless inputs: Peplace 2 analog inputs with
data from separate RF
transmitter with a 10m range. The transmitter is wireless
keyfob sized with 2
- Tacho input - suitable for ignition clamps etc. Same signal
- Power, record, set level and tacho LEDs. On / off by push
button with audible
- 24 hour life from 2 AA cells (data logging mode, without
powered). 2 hours with GPS receiver on.
- Cigar lighter PSU supplied for long GPS runs!
- Complete with software (Win 95/98/2000/XP) serial data
cable, GPS receiver,
12 cigar lighter PSU, 16MB MMC.
- 12 Channels "All-In-View" Tracking
- Cold/Warm/Hot Start Time: 45/38/8 seconds
- Reacquisition Time: 0.1 seconds
- Accurate 1PPS Output Signal Aligned with GPS Timing
- Trickle Power Enabled for Power Saving
- Multi-path Mitigation Hardware
- Superior Sensitivity for Urban Canyon and Foliage Environment
- On-board RTCM SC-104 DGPS and WASS Demodulator
- SiRFstarII Architecture
- Red / green fix available indicator LED.
- Field Software Upgrade Supported
- Fully water-proof
- Cable availability:
- Compaq iPAQ 36xx/37xx, 38xx series
- HP Jornada 56x series
- Casio Cassiopeia E-125, E-200
- Palm Vx, M500 series
- Handspring Visor, Edge
- Rubberised magnetic base for mounting on car
Visual GPS software for PC and Winfast pocket PC software